There are so many factors to consider... demanding and highly-informed clients and consumers with differing expectations, incredibly competitive market places, new technologies, legislation, sustainable development... and more!
Faced with these new challenges, Retail, which has always been emblematic of exchanges and relations, must constantly remain active, proactive, and innovative and always coordinate its activities with precision.
Products, communication, pricing, supply-chain, customer journeys, technology, merchandising... retail and distribution professionals must continually adapt their businesses and their human resources to take all these changes into account.
Today, beyond any technical aspects, department managers, store managers, boutique managers, concession managers, regional directors, area directors, network hosts and network managers must all be able to build strategies and commercial offers, to create emotional connections with their customers, to convey precision and energy, to give meaning to management and, each and every day, to adapt to a huge flow of information in order to extract the right priorities.
Retailers are looking for such managers... business people capable of multi-tasking, who are rigorous and responsive... because the success of their organisation depends on finding the right balance between the human element of the business and the overall company strategy.
Through recruiting, selecting and coaching your employees, the human element is more than ever the differentiating factor in business... woe betide those who choose to ignore it!
At Impactup we are convinced that having access to the best possible profiles is, more than ever, a determining factor for businesses. With this in mind we decided to create a new division entirely dedicated to the retail sector.
Our Retail Division
Our specialist consultants have all come from the world of retail where they held top management positions in national or international businesses.
They have perfect knowledge of retail careers, fully understand the business environment and are experienced in all the shop-based and network processes. Today they provide indispensable advice to many household names as well as small and medium-sized businesses across all distribution channels: F&B Distribution (Cafes, Hotels, Restaurants… OOH ‘Out-of-home’), Selective Distribution, Luxury Goods Distribution, Food Distribution, Specialist Distribution, Hyper and Supermarket Distribution, e-Commerce, e-Business, Wholesale. They are on-hand to support you in two main areas:
- Retail: Operations Director, Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Sales Manager, Business Manager, Boutique Manager, Concession Manager, Wholesale Manager, Export Manager etc.
- Marketing and Merchandising: Merchandising Manager, Visual Merchandising Manager, Marketing Operations Manager, Project Manager, Visual Identity Manager etc.
- Business organisation and restructuring: Adapting the business organisation, establishing a project culture at both director level and amongst the operational teams, creating a company vision etc.
- Support: refocusing the team, team member performance assessment and measurement, supporting middle management etc.
- Tailor-made training programmes: sales advisory, selling techniques, sales profiling, the changing face of clients, the essential qualities of sales advisors, sales support and sales demonstration, performance management etc.
Emmanuel Laquerrière – Director, Retail Division